A few years ago, my oldest son had an outbreak of acne. His self esteem plummeted and he was will to do anything to get rid of acne. He tried an infomercial product, which was ineffective and he realized he wasted his money and prolonged the necessary acne treatment. My son became frustrated with quick fixes and he finally went willingly to a dermatologist.
The physician treated him with oral medication and creams, which is one of the most effective acne treatments. In a few months, my sixteen- year- olds perseverance rewarded him with clear skin. This type of acne treatment worked well for my older son; however, his younger brother's condition a few years later was a different story. I am happy to say that we were able to treat his acne condition at home without having to go to the dermatologist.
Listed below are some tips on how to get rid of acne that we found to be successful:
• Dry skin seems to respond to creams. The ones that contain benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid seem to be the most effective.
• If your skin is a combination of dry and oily, then you must combine two different products: dry skin creams and oily skin gels. Apply these products directly on the affected areas.
• For those with sensitive skin observe the area closely and you may need to use less amounts of these acne treatments.
• Make sure not to touch your face with unclean hands and never ever try to squeeze the pustules. This will only make the situation worse.
• If your acne gets worse or painful, you should consult a dermatologist.
Millions of people, not just teenagers struggle with acne breakouts attributable to oily skin. With all the advances in medicine, you would think there would be a prevention or at least a fast cure to get rid of acne. Acne is no more than pores clogged with soil and your body responds with infection. A healthy diet, frequent face cleansing and decreased stress can help prevent or control breakouts.
Some people are prone to acne while others are not. Whatever the reason, there are numerous treatments and ideas on how to get rid of acne. Fortunately, many good products can easily be found at your local super market or drug store. But remember, if you can't stop the spread of your acne within a month or so, then it is definitely time to go see your doctor.