Do's For Acne Care
- Once you spot a pimple on your face, switch to a acne face wash that will keep your skin dry. If you can't buy one, just gently wash your face using a mild soap with lukewarm water. That would prevent inflammation.
- While going into the sunlight, try to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight. The ultraviolet rays from the sum damage the skin cells leading to dehydration and early aging. Use a sunscreen lotion with correct SPF level that suits your skin type.
- Try not to apply heavy make-up. If it is unavoidable, then make it a point to gently remove it using a cleanser, toner or astringent. Later moisturize your skin gently. This would prevent bacteria from growing in the affected area. Also frequently change your make-up accessories like brushes and blushers.
- Monitor your diet when you have acne. Try to consume foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin and remove toxins from the body.
Don'ts If You Have Acne
- Try to stay away from heat as unnecessary exposure may aggravate the problem. Heat can cause allergic reactions on the skin making the situation grave. Use a sun block, if you cannot avoid exposure to sun. Sunlight dries out the skin, extracting the moisture from the skin pores, causing irritation on the affected area.
- Squeezing, nailing or picking pimples may cause infection that might spread to the surrounding skin. Don't be tempted to squeeze your pimple as it can form a permanent spot on your skin.
- It is recommended not use scrubs on your skin as they may cause dryness and roughness. Rubbing the skin with scrubs would deplete protective layers on the skin making it more vulnerable to acne.
- Maintain a balanced diet and try to avoid junk food as it will produce heat in the body and may also worsen the pimples. Oily, spicy food will unnecessarily cause inflammation.